How to teach healthy hand-washing habits?
[Sastha Bangla Desk]
There is no getting around the importance of frequent hand washing. Children need to wash their hands before eating. Hand washing also is essential after they use the bathroom, blow their noses, and touch pets and other animals.
You can help your child develop healthy hand-washing habits by teaching them these steps:
- Wet hands with clean, warm water.
- Soap up, rubbing the hands together to make a lather. The lather should go all over the hands and in between the fingers.
- Continue rubbing for about 20 seconds. To help younger children count the time, you can ask them to sing “Happy Birthday” to you two times.
- Rinse with warm, running water.
- Dry hands on a clean towel.